HeelZup® Heel Elevator
One of the leading challenges for the wound care community is heel pressure injuries. Heels are naturally susceptible to pressure injuries and even the most advanced support surfaces can prove to be ineffective at prevention and treatment. HeelZup® is designed to overcome some of the drawbacks of traditional heel offloading methods. Heel boots require frequent removal to inspect the skin integrity of the leg, ankle and foot. Challenges can also arise from boot straps or fasteners that are secured too tightly or loosely. Pillows can slide out of place or compress easily, leaving vulnerable heels in contact with the surface of the mattress. The HeelZup® Heel Elevator offers a practical, comfortable and cost-effective way to offload pressure from the heels:
- High density foam provides excellent support and pressure redistribution.
- Elevates heels a minimum of one inch off the surface, while supporting the leg from the achilles area to the knee
- Raised side bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion.
- Stays neatly in place and does not require constant maintenance and adjustment.
- Urethane backed nylon cover on reusable model resists moisture, stains and odors.
- Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, and latex-free foam.
- Available in both single patient use and reusable models.
- HeelZup® complies with the NPIAP Guidelines for heel pressure injury prevention and treatment.
- A pillow can be placed on top of the cushion for more elevation or to enhance patient comfort.
U.S. Patent # 6,634,045.
Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, hypoallergenic foam. The 22″ wide calf bed is wide enough to support both legs while the raised bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion. Available in Petite, Standard and Tall sizes. A Bariatric size is also available for patients weighing over 300 pounds.
HeelZup® Size Selector
Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, hypoallergenic foam. The calf bed is wide enough to support both legs while the raised bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion. A moisture proof, coated nylon fabric cover is fitted to the cushion. The cover can be cleaned using most disinfectant wipes or cleaning solutions. Reusable HeelZup® Cushions have a three-year warranty, which covers the quality of the manufacturing and materials. Also available in extra large bariatric sizes.
HeelZup® Size Selector
For more leg elevation or to enhance patient comfort, a conventional pillow can be placed on top of the HeelZup® Heel Elevator. The raised borders will hold the pillow in place, preventing lateral movement.
The HeelZup® Heel Elevator is the only heel suspension cushion available that can be used in conjunction with a conventional pillow, giving you unparalleled versatility for leg elevation and comfort.
All HeelZup® Heel Elevators are compressed and rolled to reduce freight costs and storage space requirements.