HeelZup Heel Elevating Cushion
One of the leading challenges of the wound care community is heel pressure injury. Heels are naturally susceptible to pressure injuries and even the most advanced support surfaces prove to be ineffective at prevention and treatment. Existing modalities of heel pressure injury prevention and treatment have many drawbacks. Heel “Boots” require frequent removal to inspect the skin integrity of the leg. Pillows, which slide out of place and compress very easily are also a high maintenance and unreliable solution to the problem.
The HeelZup Heel Elevating Cushion provides the most practical solution to this complex problem:
- High density foam provides excellent support and pressure redistribution.
- Elevates heels a minimum of one inch off the surface, while supporting the leg from the achilles area to the knee
- Raised side bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion.
- Stays neatly in place and does not require constant maintenance and adjustment.
- Urethane backed nylon cover on reusable model resists moisture, stains and odors.
- Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, and latex-free foam.
- Available in both single patient use and reusable models.
- HeelZup complies with the NPIAP Guidelines for heel pressure injury prevention and treatment.
U.S. Patent # 6,634,045.
Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, hypoallergenic foam. The 22″ wide calf bed is wide enough to support both legs while the raised bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion. Available in Petite, Standard and Tall sizes. A Bariatric size is also available for patients weighing over 300 pounds.
Heelzup Size Selector
Manufactured of high-density, anti-microbial, hypoallergenic foam. The calf bed is wide enough to support both legs while the raised bolsters prevent the legs from falling off the sides of the cushion. A moisture proof, coated nylon fabric cover is fitted to the cushion. The cover can be cleaned using most disinfectant wipes or cleaning solutions. Reusable HeelZup Cushions have a three-year warranty, which covers the quality of the manufacturing and materials. Also available in extra large bariatric sizes.
Heelzup Size Selector
For more leg elevation or to enhance patient comfort, a conventional pillow can be placed on top of the HeelZup Cushion. The raised borders will hold the pillow in place, preventing lateral movement.
The HeelZup Cushion is the only heel suspension cushion available that can be used in conjunction with a conventional pillow, giving you unparalleled versatility for leg elevation and comfort.
All HeelZup Cushions are compressed and rolled to reduce freight costs and storage space requirements.